Thanksgiving is next week, and you know what that means. It’s time to give thanks for everything that you’re grateful for, spend time with loved ones, eat great food…AND SHOP! Many stores are gearing up for Black Friday now that Veteran’s Day is behind us, so we’re at that awkward sale phase where sales are a little scarce. But don’t worry. The Budget Shopaholic is on the case. I found a few hidden gems for you. Happy shopping!!
1. Shop Old Navy, Gap and Banana Republic now through tomorrow and get 40% off everything + get an extra 10% off your online purchase. Use code FRIENDS at checkout for 40% off and code ENJOY at checkout for 10% off.
2. Load up on PJ’s at Target now through 11/19/16. Shop now and BOGO 50% off PJ’s for men, women and kids.
3. Shop the Asos.com outlet and get up to 60% off select coats and jackets.
4. We are in the final hours of Off Fifth’s VIP sale. Shop now through midnight and get $30 off your $150 or more purchase.
5. Shop Carter’s today online and online only and get 60% off all PJ’s + get free shipping on your online purchase + get 25% off your $50 or more purchase.
6. Today is the last chance to shop Nine West and BOGO 60% off select styles.
7. Shop Neiman Marcus Last Call now through 11/20/16 and get an extra 50% off cashmere, coats, furs, scarves and more.
8. Today is the last day to shop the Steve Madden Friends and Family event and get 25% off your purchase.
Today is a special day…it’s Halloween. Many of us adults celebrated over the weekend with various parties and such, but today is the day for family and candy. I’m so excited!! Many retailers out there are excited too because they are celebrating with tons of savings.
1. Shop Banana Republic today only and online only and get 40% off your purchase.
2. Today is the last day to shop Nine West and get up to 50% off markdowns.
3. Today is the last day to shop Steven Madden and get 25% off your purchase + get free shipping with code SHIP at checkout.
4. Neiman Marcus Last Call is having a Fashion Dash event. Shop now through 11/2/16 and get up to 75% off your purchase + get an extra 31% off your online only purchase today only.
5. Shop Guess and get 40% off all outerwear + get 30% off denim, shirts, sweaters, shoes, and much more.
6. Shop the Loft during their Halloween sale and get an extra 50% off tops and sweaters + get free shipping on all orders of $125 or more.
7. Shop Solstice during their Halloween Event and get 31% off orders $200 or more. Use code HALLOWEEN31 at checkout.
8. Shop Asos.com and get 20% off everything with code MAJOR20 at checkout.
9. Shop Gymboree and get 40% off your regular price items + get 50% off clearance items.
10. Shop the PersonalizationMall.com and get up to 30% off select gift during their Countdown to Christmas sale.
11. Shop the Limited today only and get 60% off your purchase.
12. Shop Old Navy and get 31% off your purchase during their Halloween Boonus event. Use code SPOOKY at checkout if you are shopping online.
13. Log onto your Groupon.com account and save $5 on tons of deals.
14. Shop Michael’s and get 70% off all Halloween and fall + get 40% off any one regular price item.
Halloween is right around the corner. I absolutely LOVE this holiday because we all get to dress up to be someone we’re not. When it comes to costumes I’m cool with sexy maid and sexy Snow White, but I really love the original costumes. Since we’re so close to Halloween, it’s probably gonna be a bit of a challenge to find a full costume in stores. But throwing a costume together can be easy with a few of my ideas. Click on the images below to shop.
Remember Gossip Girl? It was one of my many guilty pleasures. The show was full of fluff, but so juicy. Blair and Serena butted heads unlike anything I’ve ever seen. But the fashion…ohhhh, the fashion. It was to die for. Serena dawned a trendier style, while Blair was prim and proper. Both characters had memorable styles, but Blair’s style especially stood out to me. The unique headbands and tights were fabulous. That’s why she’s my first costume. Putting together pieces similar to the ones that I’ve chosen will make a great Blair Waldorf costume.
Breakfast at Tiffany’s
was a timeless classic. Holly Golightly introduced the world to the LBD (little black dress) and statement necklace. This look should be highly recognizable at any costume party.
was and is my favorite TV shows. I’ve watched the entire series several times over and still stop to watch this show whenever I’m flipping through channels. If you’re a Friends
fan, of course Rachel Green’s style will stand out, even by today’s standards. As a matter of fact, I’m still looking for a maxi dress that Rachel wore on of the episodes. Her style morphed over the seasons from effortless, comfy and cute to chic and classic. The Rachel costume idea below is from one of the earlier seasons, but still memorable.
One of the most fun costume ideas that I have is Chanel #3 from Scream Queens
. The Chanels’ ridiculous style is pieced together tons of fur, fishnet, leopard print and metallics. With this costume you’ll be a shoo-in to win any costume contest.
Have a happy and safe Halloween!!
When I look at TV shows on large networks like ABC, I think BIG budgets. And to me, big budgets equal more money for things like wardrobe…especially when it comes to hit, long running shows like Modern Family. So imagine my surprise when I learned that Hayley Dunphy (played by Sarah Hyland) wore a budget-friendly silk wrap top by MLV that costs $69.99 when most clothing pieces cost hundreds of dollars. Of course, her top could have cost a little less, but given how much money that show brings in it could have cost a LOT more.
I found Hayley’s MLV silk wrap top at Saks Off Fifth, Saks Fifth Avenue’s outlet store. Click on the image below to shop.
Off the shoulder tops and dresses have been very popular this year. I’m certainly guilty of following this trend. As with all trends, who knows how long it will last. So why would anyone spend tons on something that may not be a timeless piece? That’s not very smart.
I fell in love with the MLM Label off the shoulder dress the moment I saw it. What turned me completely off was the $165 price tag. But I fell back in love when I saw a similar dress on Asos for only $25. Now I can be trendy without spending all my cash! Click on the images to shop.