How to Shop for Gifts
If you’re anything like me, you love giving gifts to others just to see the smile on their faces. So in the spirit of the holiday season, I decided to help those who find it challenging to shop for gifts for their friends and family. Whenever you buy a gift, especially if you’re shopping on a budget, remember that it’s not necessary to spend tons of cash. (Keep in mind that even though I’m posting this helpful information during the holiday season, this information should be useful throughout the year for all gifts.)
Shopping for kids is easy…all you have to do is buy them the most popular toys. But what about the adults in your life? How do you shop for them? Well here are the 5 tips that follow when I go gift-shopping.
1. Shop ahead. Don’t wait until the last minute to buy something. Make sure to always keep an eye out for sale items and clearance stuff. That way you won’t be stuck with purchasing stuff that’s at regular price. You will also have more time to shop for the “perfect gift” at the “perfect price” for you instead of settling for something inappropriate or ugly (or worse, expensive) because you ran out of time.
2. Keep your ears and eyes open when you’re with your friends and family. I find that just by paying attention when you’re out with friends and family, they will inadvertently tell you the types of things they like and/or want.
3. Try your best not to shop for size-specific stuff (unless you’re specifically asked to). Sizes can sell out quickly (especially during holiday season), possibly leaving your giftee with an improperly fitting garment…and who wants that??
4. If you’re shopping online, try to shop on sites that have free shipping. Sites offer free shipping throughout the year; but I find that online stores offer free shipping around the holiday season more often.
5. Ask around. Ask people who are close to your giftee for gift ideas. But make sure that they can keep a secret. There’s nothing worse then trying to surprise your giftee only to find that they knew about the gift they whole time.
I surely hope this was helpful for you. Whenever I follow those little shopping tips I usually find a great gift at a great price…but whenever I’ve veer from the tips, the outcome almost always turns out to be absolutely dreadful.